Eligibility Criteria for a Scholarship Application
- What are Australian Awards Scholarships?
- Objective of Australia Awards
- Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID)
- GRM International Pty Ltd (GRM)
- Eligibility Criteria for a Scholarship Application
- What are the English language requirements?
- What scholarships can I apply for and at which universities are these scholarships available?
- Length of scholarships
- Selection Process for Australia Awards
- University Placement and Visa Requirements
- Entitlements for Australia Award Awardees
- Scholarship Conditions
- Pre-Departure Briefing
- Information about other scholarships
You are only eligible for an Award if:
- You are a citizen of one of the participating African countries, if you are presently resident in your home country and if you meet any relevant country specific criteria set out below
- You do not hold, or have not applied for, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- You are not older than the number of years stated in your countries’ Desired Applicant Profile at the date of application
- You satisfy Australian Government requirements for international student entry to Australia (such as health and character required by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship)
- You are not undertaking another scholarship that would give overlapping benefits
- You satisfy the admission requirements of the Australian institution in which the course is to be undertaken
- You are applying to commence a new course of study and are not seeking support through Australia Awards for a course already commenced in Australia
- You are not transferring from another Australian training scholarship to Australia Awards during the same course of study; and
- You will be able to take up the Award in the calendar year for which it is offered. Award offers may be withdrawn if an applicant has not commenced study prior to the end of the year for which the award has been made.